Paul W. Chen is an attorney who specializes in the area of Immigration and Nationality Law. He received his Juris Doctorate (law) degree from the University of San Diego School of Law and his Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of California, Berkeley. During law school, Mr. Chen clerked for one of the top immigration law firms, Fragomen, Del Rey, Bernsen, and Loewy, LLP, and for the American Bar Association’s Immigration Justice Project. As an immigrant from Singapore, Mr. Chen is fluent in Chinese and Spanish.
Mr. Chen has provided immigration representation for hundreds of cases (both immigrant and nonimmigrant), related to H-1B, L-1, TN, O-1, Multinational Managers and Executives, EB-5 Investment Green Cards, EB-5 Regional Centers, I-9 Compliance, and all types of family-based green cards. He also has extensive experience in providing immigration-related expertise to multinational corporations and small businesses in the biotechnology, energy, computer engineering, pharmaceutical, real estate, and manufacturing industries.
- State of California
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 2010
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A. in Sociology, 2002
- Mandarin Chinese
Current and Past Memberships
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Member, Asian Business Association
- Member, San Diego Chinese Attorneys Association
- Honorary Member, San Diego Chinese Art and Cultural Society
- Member, SINGMA Club
Lectures and Seminars
- Guest Speaker on H-1B visas and EB-5 investment green cards, Chinese Students & Scholars Association of San Diego State University, 2012.
- Guest Speaker on major immigration topics at the University of California, San Diego, Feb. 2013.
- Fiorenza and Hernando Courtright Scholarship (2010).
- Academic Scholarship, University of San Diego School of Law.
- J. Wheeler Scholarship.
- Helped obtain tax exemption status for various non-profit organizations, such as the San Diego Chinese Art and Cultural Society.