Department of Homeland Security Resources
- United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS): www.uscis.gov.
- Comprehensive list of USCIS approved EB-5 Regional Centers : click here.
- Processing times and individual case status for petitions and applications filed with the USCIS may be found here.
- Make an InfoPass Appointment: InfoPass is a free service that lets you schedule an appointment with a U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) Immigration Officer via the Internet at any time of the day or night. If you feel that a trained USCIS Immigration Officer can best handle your immigration issue, you can schedule your appointment through InfoPass instead of requesting it in person at your local USCIS office.
- Online Change of Address. The USCIS Online Change of Address system allows you to change your address online in order to continue receiving USCIS correspondence should you move during the processing of your case. The law also requires that all non-US citizens, except for A and G visa holders, notify the USCIS of a change of address within in 10 days of moving.
- Directory of USCIS field offices.
- USCIS Civil Surgeon Locator (for obtaining a medical examination for adjustment of status applications).
- USCIS forms available in fillable PDF format online.
- The USCIS’ operating instructions, containing internal policy on adjudication procedures and practices – click here.
Department of State Resources
- Visa application forms, including the “E-Filing” DS-160 application form, are available here.
- Visa processing times, and interview scheduling wait times – click here.
- Visa reciprocity finder for determining reciprocity fees, and visa limitations by country of origin – click here.
- The Department of State’s Visa Bulletin providing information on Immigrant Visa Availability for both employment-based and family-based categories.
- Directory with links to other Embassies and Consulates – click here.
- NVARS automated appointment system available to third-country nationals in making nonimmigrant visa appointments at select consular posts in Canada – click here.
U.S. Visa Bulletins
- The Visa Bulletin provides information regarding the cut-off dates that govern visa availability in the numerically limited visa categories and other immigrant visa related information.
- Current Visa Bulletin
- Archive Issues: April 2002 – Present
- Archive Issues: February 1995 – July 2001
- Operation of the Numerical Control Process (PDF) – This document explains how the Department of State allocates immigrant visas subject to numerical limitations and determines the cut-off dates for the Visa Bulletin.
Department of Labor Resources
- Online Wage Library (salary information for H-1Bs and PERM applications).
- BLS Salary Survey Information
- “PERM” Labor Certification on-line application and registration interface – click here.
- Labor Condition Application (LCA) on-line application interface.
Other Government Resources
- The Code of Federal Regulations from the Government Printing Office – click here.
- Thomas legislative information on bills in Congress – click here.
- On-Line version of the Immigration and Nationality Act – click here.
Mr. Meyer is the author of several noteworthy articles on business immigration, including:
- “You Can’t Always Get What You Want: The AAO and Material Change.” Immigration Daily, July 20, 2011.
- “Bad Cases Make Bad Law: The AAO and EB-5.” Immigration Briefings, June 2011.
- “Working Backwards: What to do When Your EB-5 Fails?” AILA Central Florida Conf. Oct 2010.
- “Waffling Like a Roadside Diner: The CSC Addresses Creative Job Creation Methodologies.” July 2010 – read article.
- “The Art of the Empty Gesture and the Pointlessly Principled Stand: Why the Arizona Debate is Irrelevant.” Immigration Daily, May 3, 2010 – read article.
- “Now for the Hard Part: Attracting Investors to EB-5 Regional Centers.” Immigration Briefings (Mar 2010).
- “Spreading like Wildfire! What Explains the Explosive Growth of EB-5 Regional Centers?” Immigration Briefings (Feb 2010).
- “Illinois Blunts The E-Verify Juggernaut.” Immigration Daily, Feb 10, 2010.
- “Dreamers, Con Men, and Legitimate Businessmen.” EB-5 Visa News, Nov 17, 2009.
- “A Sunny Day at a Dreary Place: A Day at the California Service Center” Immigration Daily, May 19, 2009.
- “The Administrative Procedures Act and USCIS Adjudications: Following the Law?” Immigration Briefings (May 2009).
- Panelist, “Who is a Legal Worker? The New I-9 Form” Immigration Solutions Audio Conference, April 17, 2009.
- “Big News at the Department of Labor” Immigration Solutions In Focus Newsletter, March 2009.
- “The EB-5: A Creative Solution to Green Card Quota Backlogs.” Immigration Daily, Jan 26, 2009.
- “Expectations & Trepidations in San Francisco: AILA Conference.” Immigration Solutions In Focus Newsletter, Dec. 2008.
- “Three Cheers For The New, Improved TN! On Second Thought…” Immigration Daily, Nov. 13, 2008.
- “Immigration & The Economy.” Immigration Solutions In Focus Newsletter, Nov 2008.
- “Free Trade Agreements, Visas, and the Art of Suboptimal Outcomes: Was the Theory of the Second Best Ever Good Enough? Parts I and II.” Immigration Briefings (June & July 2008).
- “Convergence or Divergence? Assessing the Possibilities for the Development of a Common European Union Immigration Policy.” Bender’s Immigration Bulletin (March 1, 2008).
- “All Trees and No Forest: U.S. Immigration Policy towards EB-1 Researcher/Professor Petitions—Thwarting the National Interest.” Immigration Briefings (Feb 2005).